I thought I hated cauliflower until it showed up at my door. A few years ago, I signed up for what was a very new thing- CSA delivered vegetables. I got a box every two weeks and the items that came where seasonal, random, and not known until they were on my doorstep. So, cauliflower showed up one day and I cringed. But, I set about looking up recipes and tried a very simple roasted one. It’s now a staple in my diet. I love roasted cauliflower almost as much as I love chocolate. And bacon. That’s a lot of love people. A. Lot.
I also found out that you can set the oven and throw in frozen florets and they turn out just as beautiful as the fresh and prepped kind. I like to set this dish up and then go about my life whether its cooking other things, doing laundry or going on a walk, it’s great to have this little sumptuousness roasting away while I busy myself.
Oh, and the cheese can change or go away completely. I just had manchego on hand. I usually use a mixture of parmesan and asiago, but I’d reduce the amount to about 3 tbsps. Cheddar would be great too, but I’ve not tried that. Ooooo, next. Next!
- 1 package frozen cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sprinkle of salt
- sprinkle of pepper
- ¼ cup shaved manchego cheese
- Line baking dish with tinfoil. Turn oven to 350.
- Pour cauliflower into baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over the florets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place baking dish in the oven. Yes, even as it is preheating. Check after 30 minutes. Cauliflower is done when it is easily pierced with a fork and starting to brown. May take 45 minutes depending on oven.
- Scoop cooked florets into a dish and top with cheese.