Pimento cheese is a staple in the south. It’s so good and so bad. All that cheese and mayonnaise piled on top of bread. We southerners know how to do heart disease most deliciously.
I’ve lighten this one up just smidge and used more grown up flavors like havarti cheese and cayenne pepper.
- 1 cup shredded light havarti cheese
- 1 cup 2% extra sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced roasted red peppers
- 3 tbsp olive oil mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Spread on bread for a sandwich, use crackers or crudite for a dip. The roasted red peppers can be from a jar or you can roast them at home. To roast them at home, seed and quarter a red pepper. Place under a broiler for 10-20 mins. or until the skin turns black. Place the hot peppers in a sealed container. Wait until cooled then peel the skin.