It started with a picture on Instagram. My neighbor’s mom was visiting and fried him up some green ‘maters. His Instagram showed that golden, green goodness and teased me from across the street. And so, I called him out on his non-sharing ways. Then he walked some ‘maters over. Cold, but none-the-less fried, green tomatoes. Oh, heaven.
Cut to the next day and those fried, green tomatoes sitting in my fridge were sitting on my mind. I was craving spicy. Sriracha spicy. So I put those golden, green circles in the toaster with some fresh bread and this is the product: a fried, green tomato and spicy coleslaw sandwich. This is made with the Tartine Bread baguette. I’m still mastering that recipe. This was the first try and this may now be my go to bag. Baby.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (I chose purple)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded cucumber
- ½ cup mayonaise
- ¼ cup sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp course ground dijon mustard
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and stir that mess up.
- Let it sit in the fridge for at least half an hour to get all the flavors happy and jiving.